Global Cosmetic Company
- Act as a proactive business contributor towards the Sales Director and the Market CFO, leveraging his/her insights on the business to drive stronger plans, ideas and to be a source of financial leadership.
- Responsible for co-piloting with the Market CFO and Sales Director to drive profitable growth with customers. Ensure the proper governance/controls over Trade Investments and expenses, driving ROI mindset and ensuring transparent reporting of customer activities performance is available.
- Partner with sales teams to conduct Joint Business Planning with customers/ G2M analysis/ channel & commercial strategies, to improve decision making/ investment strategy, and to drive ROI mindset on Trade investments and cash flow improvements within the business teams.
Key Role & Responsibilities
- Understand customers goals / strategies and provide analyses to help organization to achieve / beat goals locally
- Support annual Trade Terms and Customer JBP negotiation with focus on building effective negotiation strategy
- Support G2M/channel strategy development and decision making
- Support Sales Director to estimate DSO target with support from Custodian and Supply Chain teams
- Conduct profitability analysis of key customers (down to Gross Margin / C1) with recommendations to improve
- Drive local trade investment spending ROI (full Gross to Net) and Promotional ROI insights
- Co-lead Strategic Revenue Management agenda with Trade Marketing, developing and executing strategies and plans
- Manage customer financing process and provide related analysis if applicable
- Participate in S&OP planning process analyzing performance of the customers, assessing the risks and developing opportunities as an active team member of multifunctional team
- Coordinate and leverage Customer P&L/Cost to Serve reporting (down to Gross Margin / C1) as part of the BU planning process Lead the quarterly / annual target setting process with the Sales Director (Net Revenues, DSO, etc)
- Provide multifunctional sales team with business insights on how customers are performing in market. Focus externally.
- Coordinate and enable the ongoing budget tracking process led by sales pilots. Ensure that key control mechanisms are in place. Coordinate the Trade Investment budget forecast process within the multifunctional team
- Ensure month end process for Trade investments funds is in place, proper allocation of spending across brands (brand lines) and cost buckets are applied according to the company's financial policies and U.S. GAAP
- Calculate brand- and account-driven entries for month-end close (e.g. rebate accruals) based on inputs from multifunctional team
- Perform variance analysis during the month-end close
- Perform Ad-Hoc reporting and analyses based on business needs
- Support and perform SOX compliance tasks in the part of Gross to Net and revenue recognition
- Experience in Financial Analysis and Reporting, ideally in Sales or Brand Finance co-piloting roles at least 5 years
- Experience in Financial Forecasting and deviation analyses incl. business interpretation at least 5 years
- Very good understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet under U.S. GAAP
- Solid understanding of month-close process and how it impacts P&L and B/S
- Experienced in working in a multi-functional environment
- Strong Excel skills, experience with SAP, Hyperion and MicroStrategy appreciated (but not mandatory)
- Excellent financial leadership skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of hierarchy with multifunctional partners and with external stakeholders (Native level Japanese/business level English skills mandatory)
- Working experience in Japan and working experience with field sales (Experienced at FMCG market preferable)
- High level of mental agility - being able to 'connect the dots'
- Excellent analytical skills and able to sort through complex data sets, incl. their interpretation
- High standards of accuracy and precision; operational discipline; ability to deliver against tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal collaboration skills, ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- High learning agility
- Proactive and solution oriented attitude
- Ability to work in international business context
- Ability to act and operate independently with direction from Management
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
9:00-17:30 （リモートワーク、フレックスタイム制あり コアタイム：11:00-15:00）
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.