This company provides IT solutions to many Fortune 500 companies.
Assist the Director of Revenue Operations APAC and Japan with the coordination and review of Japan revenue operations. You are responsible for the review and supervision of revenue transactions, sales promotions, pricing exceptions, sales discussions and proposal of technical accounting relating to such transactions including software revenue recognition and contra-revenue determinations. You assist the Director of Revenue Operations APAC and Japan with application of technical guidance and support to sales teams on application of revenue accounting policies in accordance with US GAAP and Company policy. You also assist the Director of Revenue Operations APAC and Japan in identifying and resolving process and sales related issues that arise on a day to day basis related to the Company's products, pricing, product roadmaps, revenue transactions and VSOE analysis.
- Application of technical accounting related to the Company's revenue recognition policy
- To provide advisory assistance to sales organizations with respect to product launches and new product offerings and related promotions to prevent technical accounting, policy or process issues in the area of revenue recognition
- Review price promotion and/or exception documentation and potential revenue implications
- Coordinate and perform detailed review of VSOE and revenue transactions on a quarterly basis.
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Accounting tasks including reviewing, reconciling and analyzing Revenue Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss accounts.
- Maintain a current level of expertise relating to professional standards and emerging industry and technical developments in the area of revenue recognition and apply the information proactively, including IFRS.
- Remain current on business decisions, including review of certain contracts and agreements in order to proactively address critical related accounting issues.
- Interaction and discussion on a regular basis with the sales teams, corporate teams and other supporting organizations regarding the Company's proposed or current revenue transactions
- To identify and implement processes and best practices within the finance organizations and supply chain.
- Provide training on Revenue Recognition topics to Sales and other internal groups as necessary.
- Ad hoc duties / tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with executives, functional peer groups and subordinates and to gain cooperation from others, including internal personnel.
- Confidence and proven record to communicate both orally and written, including the dissemination of technical information
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion
- Ability to read contracts/agreements and identify pertinent terms and issues to provide appropriate accounting guidance and propose issue resolution to business managers
- Progressive management or leadership experience
- Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
Education, Certification, Training, and Experience
- Strong English Speaking and Writing Skills
- Fluent~Native level Japanese
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- MBA or equivalent education/experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive related work experience including:
- 4+ years in public accounting experience
- Supervisory/management positions a plus
- Software revenue recognition experience (specifically SOP 97-2 and related interpretations)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.