Global IT Services Company
The Global Data Center Reliability team at our company is looking for an Reliability Engineer (RE). The team member will be responsible for design implementation and delivery of data center solutions at all levels from commissioning to data center infrastructure upgrades.
The RE will be called upon to assist in post-occupancy data center evaluations, optimization, and improvements of data center environments globally, which maintain the highest performance standards and utilize innovation to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
The candidate must have experience including troubleshooting, operations, and preventative maintenance of mission-critical facilities and associated MEP components. The engineer may be required to respond to off hour calls in regards to emergency events and contribute to the resolution of various data center performance issues. The engineer should be able to proficiently provide root cause analysis and reports when necessary.
The RE will support multiple internal business organizations during and following data center evaluations as well as ongoing projects within data center facilities. The RE is responsible for communication of company's data center areas of excellence as well as vulnerabilities to provide oversight to management and co-location vendor team. The engineer must be able to communicate any issues and/or risk in a clear and professional manner to ensure appropriate actions are met by internal company stakeholders and relevant vendors.
The RE will be required to travel and manage the delivery of multiple infrastructure evaluations, data center projects, and reports simultaneously across the globe or region in which they are primarily based.
- 5+ years supporting, or optimizing critical facility infrastructure.
- Good command of three-phase power systems, mechanical heat rejection and cooling delivery systems, including Transformers, Generators, UPSs, Electrical Distribution, Chillers, Cooling Towers, DX systems, Pumps, CRACs/CRAHs/AHUs.
- Highly motivated, results driven individual.
- Strong command and fluency in Japanese and English both spoken and written.
- Comfortable with regular regional and global travel up to 50% of the time.
- Experience reading architectural drawings, electrical one-line diagrams, and Piping/Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs).
- Applied engineering knowledge and experience in the dynamics of high performance data centers in regard to variable attributes in system architecture such as availability, adaptability, capacity, durability, fault tolerance, redundancy & future proofing which may impact complexity of operation, budgets and schedule.
- Candidates should have experience in prioritizing tasks effectively and working seamlessly across organizational boundaries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which reflect sound business acumen and accurate data acquisition.
- Understanding of data center operations, maintenance, and business processes.
- Analytical background.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Direct experience leading data center / critical infrastructure audit engagements.
- Understanding of facility best practices in physical security, life/safety, and fire protection & detection systems.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure.
- Experience authoring standard operation procedures or leading change management teams.
- General understanding of business continuity planning.
- Experience creating architectural drawings, electrical one-line diagrams, and Piping/Instrumentation Diagrams (PIDs).
- Experience with power or mechanical modeling software.
- Experience in circuit breaker coordination studies
- Experience with AutoCAD, power modeling software a plus
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.