Note: Applicants must have permission to work in japan
The main responsibilities of the role are to develop clear category strategy on clinical services outsourcing which can strongly support the R&D business in APAC and provide excellent supply solutions to speed up the new drug delivery with cost effectiveness. To deliver the strategy, this role needs to build up collaborative relationship with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to business users, country procurement managers, OGPS, global R&D procurement team and suppliers.
- Oversees implementation of market/ category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supports Director/ Associate Director in the development of long term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area
- Supports the Director/ Associate Director in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Works with relevant Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned company wide category plan
- Works alongside OGPS in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinates the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
- Significant experience in similar environment at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Japanese: Native level (Or JLPT N1)
- English: Fluent
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.