Global IT Company
The responsibilities here are intended as general guidelines.
Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time depending on business needs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage and prioritize Japan QA team activities based on communication among Engineering, Service delivery and Product teams
- Manage Japan QA team activities
- Guide quality team on process and quality of deliverables
- Manage development and maintenance of automated test frameworks for mobile platforms, Android and iOS.
- Coordinate and communicate with developers on bug fixes and required modifications.
- Manage testing schedule and perform regular risk assessments
- Provide Test Summary & Test Exit Reports, including gathering of metrics to report test progress
- Assist in project requirements analysis
- Train and Mentor QA Engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/IT/Engineering
- 4-8 years Software and Systems testing with a minimum of 2 years in a Manager role
- Experience with handset testing and handset platforms, in particular Android and iOS.
- Experience installing/sideloading pre-release apps onto Android and iOS
- Experience with Usability, Functional and Regression testing.
- Experience gathering logs from Android and iOS devices.
- Experience capturing network traces (Wireshark/Charles/similar).
- Have a testing mind-set with a passion for quality.
- A good understanding of agile software development.
- Fluency in Japanese and English.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- ISTQB Certification
- Experience with Appium and Java.
- Experience using AndroidStudio, xCode, Eclipse, IntelliJ.
- Running apps on mobile emulators.
- Experience of Fabric/Crashlytics.
- Knowledge of REST, JSON-RPC, HTTP, XML, JSON.
- Testlink and Zephyr experience.
- Mobile technology enthusiast - keeps up to date with latest developments, good awareness of contents of new OS versions.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills to focus on the tasks at hand.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A positive and enthusiastic outlook both within the team and when working alone.
- Highly motivated and demonstrate the willingness to learn and to grow within the role.
- Proactive, willingness to take the initiative and associated responsibility.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and workloads in an agile environment.
- Ability to partner with Developers, Systems Engineers and Database Administrators.
- Works well on a team, but can also work well independently.
8 Million Yen ~ 10 Million Yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.