Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
- Report & follow up on GMP Audit results
- Conduct Food Safety / Sanitation Audits (monthly)
- Ensure completion of Food Safety Training (required & optional training)
- Develop & Manage action plans for reducing Consumer Complaints
- Management of two team members materials/ products quality & food safety holds
- Conduct Mock Recall and traceability exercise (twice a year)
- Manage Environmental Monitoring & Sanitation Validation program.
- Manage Food Safety Prioritization Process
- Ensure completion of HACCP / Project Risk Assessment
- Lead HACCP / Food Safety Program team, compliance and revalidation
- Lead & Maintain Hygienic Zoning Compliance
- Annual Line Validation and allergen validation
- Drive, Maintain & Monitor Quality Action Review Program
- Conduct Process Audits, Document/Report
- Manage and coordinate certification program/ audits (Kosher, Halal etc.)
- Ensure Raw Ingredient / Supplier Compliance (COA, Kosher, Halal etc.)
- Verify Packaging Material Compliance
- Maintain Quality Equipment Calibration Program
- Manage Sanitation Functions (staffing & activities)
- Develop/Modify/Sustain Sanitation SOPs and Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS)
- Plan, Schedule & Execute against the MSS
- Troubleshoot persistent sanitation issues
- Coordinate Internal & 3rd Party Audits (including regulatory audits)
- Administer metal detector program
- Manage Packaging odour Program
- Ensure QMS documents are updated based on the annual review and corporate changes.
- Post Graduate Degree in Food Technology, Science, Food engineering or a related discipline are preferred.
- More than 8 years of relevant experience in Food Industry or similar industries (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic)
- Lead Author in Quality and Food Safety systems.
- Reasonable experience of managing people.
- Additional training in Continuous Improvement Systems (e.g. Six Sigma, TQC) will be highly regarded.
- Experience in Supply Chain with exposure to Quality, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Intimate Knowledge of ISO management systems and have experience in their application to FMCG environment.
- Knowledge of business operations including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), HACCP, and Safe Operating Procedures relevant for managing employee relations.
Skills and Attributes
- Well-developed planning and organizing skills and ability to achieve results
- Proactive problem solving and results orientated
- Superior communication, influencing and change management skills, with management and shop floor personnel.
- Demonstrated leadership of a mature employee participation / consultation process in a manufacturing / distribution environment.
- Business level English communication skill is essential.