※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Project Manager partners with the Early and/or Late Development Program Lead (DPL) to lead the Early and or Late Development Program Team (DPT) to successfully shape and execute the project and drug development strategies, as well as lifecycle plan. The Project Manager is accountable for the cross-functional execution of one or more integrated development plans including management of timelines, cost, quality, and risk mitigation. The Project Manager provides an independent voice to shape the project strategy and drive optimal decisions for the broader portfolio value. This position can be assigned to any therapeutic area and work on projects at any stage of development
- The Project Manager may support one or more Early/Late DPTsand lead Early/Late DPTs of moderate or more complexity
- Partners with the Early/Late Development Program Lead (DPL) to foster a high performing team and monitor the health and operating efficiency of the team as a unit
- Leads creation of team norms and operating principles with a focus on cross-functional input and accountability, and robust analysis of vetted options
- Acts as an integrator within the Early/Late Development Program Team (DPT) and across the enterprise to ensure alignment and connect best practices
- Facilitates effective, science-based business decisions including development of scenarios as needed. Ensures all decisions are assessed as to their impacts and communicated to stakeholders in a transparent and timely manner
- Highlights interdependencies and downstream impacts of strategic decisions
- Proactively identifies risks and ensures mitigation plans are implemented
- Develops and coordinates resource planning across functions to assure adequate resources are applied to the project
- Communicates with the global project manager(s) to drive and operate excellent regional development plans.
- Advise on governance expectations with focus on cross-functional input and rigorous debate
- Coaches project team members and others to drive excellence and accountability, and develop talent pipeline for DPT membership
- For projects that are being jointly developed, works closely with a key strategic alliance partner.
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Physical sciences or relevant discipline, advanced degree preferred
- Five (5) or more years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Familiarity of drug development with understanding of project strategy and disease content
- Exhibits good judgement and coach ability to build situational leadership and ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment
- Strong communicator able to integrate and succinctly summarize the various parts of a project and effectively tailor messages to audience incl. senior leaders
- Ability to resolve complex problems and manage difficult stakeholder situations
- Ability to lead the development of critical path analyses and support scenario planning
- Excellent Project Management Skills - drives execution while balancing speed, quality, and cost, PMP certification desirable preferred.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.