Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese required
Global Insurance Company
The position is responsible for the 1st level application support and will be a part of Group Holdings company. Production support team work closely with Service desk and offshore IT support teams. The focus is to deliver high-quality application solutions to our businesses, and to the end users who subscribe to our services. The support covers a range of software and hardware platforms for call centers, logistic and warehouse operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for production system applications and troubleshoots issues when raised.
- Prioritize incidents and issues raised and coordinate to resolve it accordingly.
- Coordinate escalation and resolution of major service issues.
- Maintain ownership until resolution of technical issue.
- Report promptly to management and business partners regarding critical outages until resolution.
- Regular discussion and follow up production issues with in country and offshore application support teams to determine remediation and prevent reoccurrence.
- Interact with infrastructure, release management, change management, DBA, front office and back office application teams.
- Arrange, assign, adjust, and monitor shifts to have appropriate coverage for 365 days operations, including weekends and holidays.
- Assist in support hours of operation and off hour production emergencies.
- Develop relations with business users, local and global support teams.
- Implement and review of production support procedures, policies and documentation for continuous improvement.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in distributed, multi-national, multi-lingual, and multi-cultural corporate environments; Fluent in both Japanese and English.
- Good analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal, communications, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain ownership and manage tasks from beginning to end
- Experience in creating documents (ex, BRD, User Manuals) in both Japanese and English.
- Experience with RDMS products, specifically Microsoft SQL Server; Working knowledge with SQL language.
- ITIL Training or Foundation Certification
- University degree, or equivalent, in computer science, engineering, or related fields; A minimum 5 years of professional experience in IT.
- Support / Dev Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, CRM and any other ERP system.
- Support / Dev Experience in Business Intelligence platforms (OLAP, ETL, Data Warehouse)
- Basic Knowledge of the following technology: MS Windows, Red Hat Linux, Citrix, DNS, NFS, AD, TCP/IP, VMWare, MS Clustering, Load balancing technology.
- Basic Knowledge of AWS and MS Azure
- Programming/scripting for automation
- Software Development Life-Cycle Processes
- Knowledge and theory of principles for project management
- Occasional need to travel within or outside Japan
- Requires to work weekend and holidays based on the shift. Occasionally need to work off business hours
- Native level Japanese and Business level English
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.