※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
[Position] Product Merchandising Specialist／20代後半〜30代の方におススメ！
[Salary] 5〜6.5 million JPY ※Experiences and skills will be considered
The Product Merchandiser for Apparel (men's, women's, and youth) will drive the assortment direction and marketplace strategies for the our Apparel business in the Japan wholesale and retail channels. As an industry, category & market expert, the job is to be the go-to person for all product related matters. Primary responsibility will be to liaise with the sales team, Production management team and Marketing, and be the voice of our market. Building good relationships and collaborating with the US headquarters are required.
- Creates and enhances innovative products that increase customer satisfaction
- Supports manufacturing and design activities by developing prototypes for products in development
- Researches outdoor market and materials, sales data to ensure that products are viable and competitive
- Presents the seasonal product line to internal & external stakeholders
- Proactively reviews cost roll-ups for accuracy and analyzes business to achieve margin goals
- Partners with all the key stakeholders at each key milestone and deliver an assortment of product that meets the financial & strategic needs of the our brand. Partners & collaborates with cross-functional leaders
- Identifies issues, clearly communicates the problem internally/externally and offers solutions to course correct in a timely manner
- Receives & logs fit samples. Reviews samples for accuracy with Design
- Sends comments & communicates clearly and purposefully with overseas teams to drive the business forward
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- 3+ years of experience as a product merchandising specialist in the outdoor or fashion industry
- Strongly passionate to outdoor activities and fashion
- Excel, Word, Outlook required; Illustrator & PDM systems are plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workloads to remain on calendar.
- Detail oriented & accountable to deliverables; must check their own work before handing off to next team member.
- Strong Team Player, Positive Disposition & Flexible Attitude.
- Self-Starter, Proactive, Inquisitive, Creative Problem Solver
- Thorough knowledge of product development of the outdoor apparel.
- Proven working experience as a product developer or in related field
- Work well within a team.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English, and collaborate with overseas colleagues or business partners.
- Creative and innovative thinking skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate independently and follow general guidelines.
- Physical ability to use telephone, computer hardware/software including keyboard, type, sit and stand for extended periods of time.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Function: Marketing, Other Product Management