Our client, IT&Food Company is looking for a highly talented Procurement Manager to support their Japan launch and expansion, focused on managing vendors across all areas of our business including expansion of our physical office
Start up IT&Food Company
- A vibrant and international team with multi-cultural and diverse backgrounds
- Solving challenges with inspiring colleagues in an all hands-on deck environment
- Competitive package, incentives, allowances, food perks, insurance, pension and more
- Support in building the local procurement team, as part of the broader Global Procurement Organisation.
- Implement regional category management in alignment with global strategies through partnership with cross-functional teams and knowledge of market best practices.
- Take on local category management responsibilities, develop an efficient and balanced supplier base, build good business relationships, and drive supplier performance by using appropriate metrics and scorecards.
- Ensure that all APAC procurement policies and procedures are adhered locally.
- Oversee the contracting process including administration, archiving and post-execution.
- Provide procurement training for the procurement team and broader organisation.
- Continually innovate and develop tools and processes to automate, streamline and improve the procurement function.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, Business or related discipline.
- At least 3 years in Procurement, ideally with experience building/developing procurement functions from ground up.
- Experience in local supplier management, contract management, and strategic sourcing.
- Results oriented and metrics-driven, with very good communication skills.
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) in English and Japanese
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people across all organisational levels.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing and high-growth startup environment
- Work Permit in Japan
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.