Procurement role at Large MLM Company
Large MLM Company
US-based multi-level marketing company
They have more than 15,000 employees and they have a strong business and they are very well positioned in the market.
- Applies purchasing/procurement methodology to achieve organizational objectives, best value for the enterprise, and achievement of target return on investments (ROI).
- Sources and purchases locally or regionally sourced Products from various manufacturing suppliers.
- Works very closely with internal clients to: identify sourcing needs; conduct buy/market profiles; define acceptable service levels.
- Develops sourcing strategies; solicits/analyzes request for proposals; negotiates contracts and coordinates supplier integration plan with internal client.
- Also Includes:
- Being able to craft and define long-term strategy for the category including managing stakeholder buy-in, market trend analysis, and drive the strategy to execution and implementation. At lead level, may need some support and guidance in crafting the strategy and being able to build the strategic vision. At Senior Lead level, the person is expected to develop this vision and execute against it with minimal supervision and / or support.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Establish a supplier relationship management process with continuous improvement goals/programs. Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect internal client needs.
- Compiles information to keep informed on buyout products industries, suppliers and processes.
- Requires complete understanding of a broad application of techniques, theoretical principles and practices of area of specialty
- Provides solutions to a wide-range of difficult issues and independently develops approach to solutions
- Leads complex projects with some supervision.
[Job Specific Responsibilities]
- Subject matter expertise in suppliers within Packaging, Raw Material or contract manufacturing. This may span multiple product sub-categories including but not limited to Appliances, fashion apparel, paper products, plastic products etc.
- Strong relationship-building experience
- Education: Master's degree/ Bachelor 's degree
- Japanese Language: Proficient
- English Language: Proficient
- Work Permit in Japan
Mastery of the following Procurement concepts
- Benchmarking: Benchmarking seeks to deliver enhanced business results/competitive advantage through use of an on-going process of comparing and contrasting our quantitative results (e.g. cost, quality, etc.) and processes, internally and externally, to determine "best in class"; then identifying and implementing appropriate plans to deliver "best in class" results that meet the business needs.
- Business Partner Relationship Management: Procurement manages relationships with our key internal Business Partners to know and understand their business needs. Procurement is able to build relationships by utilizing tools such as the Joint Business Plan process, initiative list management and effective persuasive selling skills.
- Commercial Agreements: Procurement drafts and executes (in partnership with Legal) pertinent written agreements for ongoing requirements (purchase orders, leases, Contracts, etc.); and Procurement collaborates on establishment of pertinent agreements for development requirements (CDAs, JDAs, Letters of Intent, etc.)
- Industry Analysis: Industry Analysis provides the Company with competitive advantage by obtaining and analyzing information on industry supply/demand dynamics, production technology and cost structure (feedstocks, capital) which is used to build effective sourcing strategies, cost forecasts, and negotiation positions.
- Competitive Analysis: Competitive Analysis contributes to competitive advantage by gathering and using information about competitors' materials, technologies, supply base, sourcing strategies, suppliers, material costs, and processes to enable the benchmarking/forecasting of competitors' material/services prices and material/services changes.
- Competitive Bidding
- Economic Analysis
- Linking & Leveraging
- Policy & Stewardship
- Sourcing Strategy
- Supplier Analysis
- Supplier Relationship Management
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.