※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Process Science Leader will build technical credibility for the our Cell Culture business by providing scientific and strategic support of upstream customers for cell culture products and new services offerings. This position will work closely with the commercial sales team within a designated territory. This role is designed to have direct customer facing responsibility for an assigned region.
The successful candidate will need to balance work time across all of the required activities. With a primary objective of achieving annual Design-In and financial targets, the focus must be on activities within the selling territory. It is imperative that the Process Science Leader is able to establish technical credibility and establish positive relationships with upstream cell culture/process development customers.
- A MS or PhD degree in Life Sciences or Biomedical Engineering or related field.
- Must have 10+ years of proven experience in cell line development, cell culture process development and/or manufacturing within a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company
- Must have experience in commercial media development and/or experience performing media/process optimization within a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company
- Laboratory and team management experience required
- Proven technical leadership in biopharma and/or biotechnology industry
- Track record of working with CHO cell lines
- Ability to develop presentations and posters with available applications datasets
- Diverse hands-on experience in multiple cell lines and bioreactor systems highly desirable
- Actual experience in bringing a successful biotherapeutic product to market highly desirable
- Senior level contacts with cell line development, process development individuals with emerging, mid and established biotech/biopharma companies
- Must be willing to travel (estimated 50-60%)
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Experience working with various mammalian cell culture processes and/or micro-carriers
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (writing, articulating, listening, questioning) and ability to collaborate with management, sales and service teams and customers
- Proven track record to contribute in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Demonstrated problem solving ability and results orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, matrixed, and customer focused environment
- Experience in working for a contract services business
- Proficiency in Korean
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.