Global Network / Security Company
- Drive for Results:
- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Decision Quality:
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Managing and Measuring Work:
- Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
- Hiring and Staffing:
- Has a nose for talent; hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do.
- Developing Direct Reports:
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each direct report's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves; will take direct reports who need work; is a people builder.
- Motivating Others:
- Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person's hot button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
- Managing vision & purpose:
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision shareable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Customer focus:
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Political Savvy/Internal Influence:
- Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates where the land mines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views corporate politics as a necessary part of organizational life and works to adjust to that reality.
- 10-12 years or equivalent experience in the IT industry
- 8-10 year(s) of experience or equivalent in a customer facing environment such as Professional Services, Sales Engineering or Technical Account Management.
- 3-5 years team lead experience
- Project Management experience (PMP or Big 5 experience a plus)
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience with running and analyzing metrics and forecast data
- Successful leadership on medium and long term projects, (6+ months)
- Experience in mentoring new hires and experienced staff members Proven ability to lead with informal authority
- Proven track record of hiring and retaining top-talent
- Must be action oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Prior experience managing managers and a team of 15 people or more
- 12 years IT solution delivery experience, preferably within a consulting organization
- Fluent in Japanese and at least Business English
- Working knowledge of the full software development technologies including J2EE/Java, .NET, open source tools and various component models (CORBA, COM, Java Beans)
- Detailed knowledge of Internet technologies, thorough understanding of eCommerce, On-line Marketing, Web Analytics and Security
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.