Global fin-tech company
The Practice Director role is key to the development of our professional services organisation in support of accelerated business growth, high quality service provision, provide best in class delivery and processes, manage and help develop talented and experienced employees and ensure the organisation is recognised as a centre of delivery excellence.
This is a high profile and demanding role. To be successful you will need to be agile, structured, focused and be prepared to lead by example. The role requires thought leadership, strong project/process management, commercial awareness and cross-functional collaboration skills, particularly with Sales, Product and local Practice Leaders.
You will have proven experience in professional services delivery and business development. You are a natural, fast-paced learner who is able to self-serve. You can speak with confidence and clarity and are confident in discussions with employees, colleagues, and C level executives. This is a position for someone who is a goal-driven, challenge-seeking performer.
Your duties are outlined, but are not limited to, below:
- Define vision, mandate, scope, objectives, KPI's and target operating model for Professional Services in Japan
- Define ad hoc organization and required profiles through hiring plan where applicable
- Coach and mentor local Practice Leaders
- Build and improve processes to drive efficiencies in delivery and cross-functional collaboration
- Define and setup SLA's and tools to ensure a smooth collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Manage Japan's practice performance and KPI's follow up
- Position our Professional Services value proposition in the sales cycles, estimate, shape and sell projects accordingly
- Deliver targeted project margins and ensure world class customer satisfaction
- Contribute to local partner's ecosystem setup and management
- Perform necessary project governance
- Meet quarterly billable utilisation target and productive utilization target
- Proactively engage with Practice Leaders to secure projects and ensure services requirements are appropriate for the scope and scale of the deal
- Develop and manage delivery team and ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and with the highest consistent quality
- Ensure necessary certifications and credentials are achieved and maintained by your team
- Provide guidance and support to your team resources to ensure they develop their full potential, maintain high standards of quality and customer service
- Be an active member of the regions professional services management team
- Act as senior point of escalation for project issues
Communication and Documentation
- Understand and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Lead by example
- Engage with internal customers effectively and appropriately at all times
- Effectively set and manage clients' expectations
- Develop lasting relationship with client personnel that foster closer ties
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships
- Manage team: provide training, mentorship, advice and guidance to achieve defined goals
- Be a strong, agile and effective manager
- Conduct frequent (weekly/bi-weekly) 1:1s with direct reports
- Provide regular constructive feedback so all staff understand where they fit in and where they are adding value
- Ensure the team have a clear understanding of what they must achieve and by when
- Identify skills gap and ensure relevant training is provided for their development
- Conduct performance reviews in the form of periodic reviews
- Execute against company strategies, ensuring the team are meeting KPIs
Education: Bachelor's degree in a Business or Technical related discipline
Languages: Excellent standard of spoken and written English and Japanese
- Strong and proven experience in treasury management and treasury management related systems/solutions
- Strong experience in delivering and/or project managing TMS solutions
- Experience as Customer facing leader responsible for the management of successful professional services engagements for a fast growing business
- Strong project governance and oversite skills
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence, negotiate and achieve results through direct reports, partners and others
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.