Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
About the Role:
- Work to optimize unit productivity at the store level.
- Manage store profiles (alpha, assortment, capacity) and share the information with business partners.
- Grasp sales trends of each store to manage store groups.
- Understand the situations of markets and selling floors at the store level
What You'll Do:
- Develop top-down inventory plans, examine the appropriateness of store inventory positions, and work with Distribution to come up with action plans
- Create reports in order to optimize unit productivity at the store level.
- Keep data in various systems up to date in consideration of each store's sales trends.
- Conduct analyses based on the store grouping that factors in the situations of markets and selling floors at the store level, and keep store profiles up to date.
- Conduct analyses on merchandise assortment, optimal CC count, optimal inventory level, etc., in order to optimize unit productivity at the store level.
- 3 to 4 yrs. of experience in business strategy or operational improvement consulting projects with demonstrated applications of statistical concepts such as correlation, t-tests and confidence intervals, factor analysis, and regression
- Advanced competency with Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly
- Supply chain or retail software product and logistics flow knowledge is highly desirable
- BA/BS in Finance, Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Strong comfort level with managing change.
- Able to work with a tremendous amount of detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- Can work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Relates well with people at all levels and functions across the organization.
- Advanced degree a plus
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English is required, and in Japanese is preferred