Global Gaming Company
As PR Manager (Japan), you'll lead the Japanese public relations efforts for our products(online games) and company while working with outside PR agencies and media. You'll develop relationships with media and digital media outlets, both enthusiast and mainstream, and create and execute successful PR strategies that'll help bring our products (online games) to more players across Japan. To do this, you'll equip your education, PR XP in gaming, affinity and no-BS communication skills to craft stories that connect with current and future players.
You'll join a smaller team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Player Support, Community and Marketing, we are dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show Japanese players they aren't lost in translation.
- Define and execute Japanese PR strategy, ensuring its consistency with global strategy while supporting the expansion of our game in Japan
- Lead and organize events with our PR agency, including media tours, media events, and trade shows in Japan
- Develop, edit, and approve press related materials like media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on digital/social media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform PR programs
- Foster relationships with editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
- Educated and experienced: you've earned a bachelor's degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing, or a related field; with over four years of gaming industry PR wrangling under your belt, you're well-versed with the nuances of working with agencies and third-party companies
- A consummate communicator: you're a communicative dual-threat, able to clearly and succinctly express yourself in either written or verbal mediums; you're fluent in English and ideally other languages
- A PR dynamo: you're a one-stop public relations boutique, able to successfully create, plan, and execute strategic yet creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR's all about relationships, so you've built and fostered rapport with multiple PC gaming publications
- Autonomous: you don't need to be given continual direction and know how to manage yourself; you're meticulously organized with an unquenchable drive for results
- A gaming guru: you've been gaming since the dark days of dial-up
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.