Global Optical products company
Optics Manufacturing Consultant
"Manufacturing Consultant of Front End process in Spherical Optics Fabrication" or "Senior Manufacturing Engineer of Front End process in Spherical Optics Fabrication" Front End Process indicates Curve generation, Polishing, and Centering processes.
1) Senior Manufacturing Engineer will be reporting to Engineering Manager
2) If for a Manufacturing Consultant, he or she will be reporting to Engineering Manager and dotted-line to General Manager
This position will help to upgrade the existing technical and manufacturing capabilities, in optics fabrications of high precision products, particularly spherical lenses. He or she will also be involved in the overall planning, designing and overseeing the entire manufacturing processes. And to help in implementation and adaptation of new/existing production machines & equipment, to meet the factory needs. He/she will also work closely with our Global Technology Group (in USA Headquarters and in Singapore factory) to review & evaluate the manufacturability of new products. As well as, to team up with the existing Akita team, to work on various improvement program, such as (a) production yield, (b) productivity, (c) cost saving and (d) other related manufacturing projects.
- Maintain and stabilize manufacturing process
- Coach people for new process development
- Change management of process and documentation
- Assist in quotation by providing labor time estimate, yield and tooling cost
- Improve product flow and balance production lines
- Analyze, document, resolve, recommend and implement process and product design changes with Engineering, Quality, Production and Suppliers.
- Investigate both the internal and external customer complaints
Required knowledge, competency and experience:
- Glass optics engineering / manufacturing experience of Front End process, Curve Generation, Polish and Centering in Spherical lenses
- Team player and effective communication
- Hands-on approach and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in CAD, MRP system, project management, ISO9001, and continuous improvement methodologies is plus
- Advantage to working experience in multi-national companies or foreign capital companies
- An added advantage if able to speak and write Business level of English
For the "Senior Manufacturing Engineer" position :
- Must have about at least 10-year working experience, from the optics manufacturing industry in precision lenses, flatwork and coating
- Strong expertise in Front End process of spherical lenses
- Must have university degree in Optics, Physics, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering and/or related engineering disciplines.
- Must be able to communicate in Japanese (written and spoken)
JPY 10M 〜12M
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Factory in Akita Prefecture
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.