※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
This position is responsible for establishing and executing the Operational Excellence strategy, providing leadership in collaboration with the broader operations organization. This individual will have a significant impact on both plant and operations budget and cost reduction goals. This individual will identify and present new opportunities to increase the creation of value in the plant, promoting and coordinating the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives that could increase the efficiency of the processes, improve the cycle time, and reduce losses. This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
- Responsible for program definition and execution; developing the strategy and vision of the Operational Excellence program over the next 3-5 years, in collaboration with the broader Operations organization.
- Translating strategies into program/project plans; including scope management, stakeholder management, deliverables (KPIs), schedule, budget management, risk management and resource requirements. Conducts training where appropriate for lean, six sigma and OpEx
- Use Basic and Advanced Lean Management tools, in order to eliminate waste and improve the flow from current processes, leading to improvements in safety, quality, cost and supply performance.
- Oversees the development of the strategic goals for the plant and continuous improvements initiatives.
- Work with all areas of the Plant to implement ideas and suggestions that lead to better equipment operation, improve facilities or reduce costs.
- Continuous evaluation of performance levels to identify causes and effects in the process that allow developing action plans for continuous improvement according to the OpEx philosophy.
- Manage the plant's cost reduction program and prepare monthly progress reports. Collaborate in the preparation of financial projects and improvement of operation and processes.
- Developing/managing program governance model and communication plan (verbal or written), both internally and externally, for effective project management and coordination for Operational Excellence.
- Management of large, complex projects and teams, using lean / six sigma tools and methodologies, delivering success in a short timeframe with high expectations.
- Lead projects, identify opportunities, define and financially justify projects, launch project teams, use good project management to manage team activities, lead teams to execute projects with the problem- solving methodology, track project and program status and results, remove and elevate project barriers, and develop team members.
- A Bachelor's Degree (or higher) which should include supply chain, engineering, science, IT or business disciplines.
- Minimum 6 years' experience across the areas of manufacturing operations, manufacturing support systems, quality operations, project management, or continuous improvement functions.
- This experience should be in a leadership or multi-functional role in medical diagnostic, medical device, pharmaceutical or consumer product, or similar environment. Experience in medical diagnostic preferred
- Formal OpEx training e.g. Shingo, Class A, Lean, Six Sigma with demonstrated application
- Six Sigma certification, black belt preferred
- Consulting and/or project management experience with formal 3+ day lean or six sigma training and 12+ successful projects with documented successes
- 5+ years of experience in Managing a diverse range of Projects in a complex work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. fluent Japanese and English reading, writing and speaking ability.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Operations management experience
- Be familiar with the relevant regulations for the production of medical devices.
- Formal Project Management training and certification
- Experience in Science/Tech related environments
- Experience in rapid diagnostics industry
※Experiences and skills will be considered
2 - 3 interviews
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.