Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
The right candidate will manage and lead the logistics & operative functions, which includes directing and leading the activities of the Planning, Distribution, Warehouse, Purchasing, Production (Filling Stations), Cylinders operations (reverse logistics) and Value Added Logistics, to ensure that company goals and objectives are met. Give strategic & tactical direction in these areas and identify areas for cost reductions and implement strategies for such. Work closely with sales & marketing to link forecasts to purchasing and inventory management. This role is a key member in the local Leadership team.
- Logistics & Operations leadership for aggressively driving the growth and profitability.
- Manage the execution of strategic logistics initiatives designed to reduce lead-time, lower on-hand inventory requirements, minimize costs and provide agile and responsive distribution.
- Manage the whole Cylinders operations: refilling, retesting, distribution, reverse logistics, inventory, safety & quality.
- Develop and maintain set of indicators/KPI's for logistics planning and forecasting & for other operative, logistics & cost effectiveness issues. Design and integrate performance metric and continuous improvement strategies to attain 'best in class' logistics & operative network performance.
- Create timely, accurate and effective management, forecasting and communication tools and information with the Logistics department and across the Group and company to help manage the business. Analyze the data to establish trends and cover possible areas for logistics & operative improvements.
- Establish and deliver financial goals, budgets and operating plans for logistics & operations.
- Collaborate in evaluating and negotiating logistics & operations service provider contracts and agreements. Drive solutions that leverage the company's volumes, systems and partnerships while providing consistently high levels of service in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage and lead all Japanese Customs issues.
- Control, in cooperation with Sales and Finance, the unique cylinder movement system.
- Provide leadership in mentoring and developing team members that emphasize the importance teamwork, collaboration and sharing of information, resources and best practices that will maintain a high performing, customer focused logistic/operation team.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external business partners and actively support cross functional initiatives to drive improved overall business performance.
- Work with Global logistics team members to execute global projects and share
- BKMs among Group members as well as leading task forces upon need and interact with production and project managers from Group.
- More than 5 years of experience in the similar roles in Manufacturing industries.
- Fluent in English
- Degree in BA, MA will be advantage.
- Full of energy, quick to learn, dynamic
- Ability to multitask and to work to tight deadlines
- Hands on
- Good attention to detail, creative and optimistic
- Thrive under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong people management and effective motivator
- Highly motivated and committed
- Good understanding of the business as well as financial issues
- Strong IT literacy is advantage
- Team player, strong initiative and follow through, highly focused and keen to add value