※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
We require an Online Manager to lead the e-commerce strategy and execution for a cluster of brands in our Companies portfolio and further drive integration of online platforms into brands holistic communications strategies.
The role involves leading all aspects of e-commerce sales and partnering with brands on leveraging the brand site as a key consumer engagement platform. It has responsibility for revenue and profit targets for company, growing market share faster than competition brand cluster managing a team to ensure excellence in execution.
The Online Manager will be the key online business partner for a cluster of brands (2-4) attending regular meetings with the brand team on the integrated brand communications strategy and will then led how to best execute this across online channels (brand.com and 3PP). The Online Managers team will then manage the execution, including onsite experience / production, promotions and site testing, media and CRM, 3PP plans, forecasting and in-campaign optimization.
In addition to sales, a key part of the Online Managers job scope will be partnering with brands on their communications strategy and translating how this will be executed through online channels. This includes role of brand.com and 3PP throughout the consumer journey and having the right promotions, products and offers to drive conversion. On-site SEO and superior features / user experience combined with media planning and ROI driven performance marketing and CRM for recruitment and retention will be required.
1. Responsibility for the delivery of sales, profit and online market share
- Direct responsibility for the delivery of the online P&L for a brand cluster within the our companies portfolio of brands, in partnership with the brand team and finance business manager
- Manage the team cluster responsible for the execution, optimization and success of online campaigns
- Winning, collaborative mindset to influence and lead others to business goals
2. Partner with brands on the online consumer experience and integrated communications strategy
- Partner with brands to integrate brand site and 3PP platforms into brands integrated communications strategy
- Continually develop brand site user experience to exceed consumer expectation throughout the consumer journey
- Manage online CRM programs to drive retention and cross-purchase and partner with Corporate Marketing on omnichannel CRM INTERNAL
- Partner with brands and Corporate marketing to ensure brand and online media strategies are connected and that search and performance marketing is being optimized to deliver high ROAS and recruitment
3. Lead and develop the team instilling a winning, collaborative mindset consistent with our leadership values
- Develop talent; set and manage Personal Development Plans, identifying stretch assignments and development opportunities whilst performance managing under-performing team members
- Manage the cluster team for maximum effectiveness through allocation of responsibilities, coaching and training and sharing best practice
- Be a modern marketer and business owner; review site analytics to understand visits and performance trends, sales attribution, what content is engaging consumers and work with the team to action the necessary changes
- Minimum 10 years working experience of which more than 5 years are directly managing e-commerce
- Strong understanding of e-commerce, improving brand site experience, managing the marketing calendar and executing campaigns and driving business results
- A strong understanding of the 3PP players, ideally with first-hand experience of managing the relationship and programs to achieve successful business results
- Experience working in a Western company (ideally but not limited to cosmetics, luxury, FMCG) and a track record of delivering market share growth in Japan
- Understanding of Japan media landscape and how this can be leveraged to develop omnichannel communications plans that includes performance driven media to drive e-commerce sales, consumer loyalty and drive market share
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS and using on-site analytics tools (GA)
- Ability to multi-task, self-starter, proactive
- Strong influencing skills and an ability to simplify complex situations
- Takes initiative and accountability for their actions
- Treats colleagues and stakeholders with respect
- Ability to clearly and confidently articulate themselves orally and in writing
- Analytically minded yet able to extract and articulate key messages
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.