Multinational law firm
- Office Administration
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient running and delivery of all Operations functions in the Tokyo office in such a way as to meet the requirements of the partners and staff based in that office, and of the clients of the firm served by the office;
- Line management responsibility for all staff working in Operations in the Tokyo office
- Manage supplier and third party relationships for all Operations functions (including commercial negotiations, agreement and review of service levels, escalation and resolution of problems relating to goods or services supplied, relations with public authorities, sub-tenant(s), other occupiers, etc);
- Responsible for the Tokyo office's international Operations' obligations, including:-
- ensure that the Tokyo office implements and complies with the firm's agreed global and regional Operations' standards, policies and procedures;
- promote co-operation between Tokyo and the firm's other offices worldwide; and
- provide management reports and information regarding the Operations functions in Tokyo to regional and global Operations' management.
- Facility Management
- Act as appointed contact vis-à-vis the building's landlord and management office and maintain credible tenant/landlord relations;
- Responsible for office & business insurances;
- Responsible for office relocations;
- Acquisition and maintenance of office furniture & fixtures; fitting & refurbishments;
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Responsible for compliance issues such as processing registration of representatives, attending to licence and registration renewals, etc, as required by the regulatory authorities;
- Develop, update and review various local office policies and ensure that the office complies with the local regulatory and other requirements;
- Manage all health and hygiene activities within the office and act as the appointed contact for all related issues;
- Manage all security and office emergency procedures within the office and act as the appointed contact for all related issues;
- Health & safety
- Responsible to process health and safety related required duties including monthly 'Eisei Iinkai', medical check up reporting, stress check reporting, working with OHP (occupational health physician).
- Budgeting and Business Planning
- Business planning and budgeting for Operations and monitoring actual spend to budget;
- Cross-Functional Initiatives
- Develop, review and streamline the office system and procedures that involve/relate multiple Business Teams functions or will have an office-wide impact;
- Project Implementation
- Responsible for implementing an office-wide or other crossfunctional project in consultation with the COO
- Education / Qualification
- Undergraduate university degree
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
- Presentation skills
- Practical Experience
- 8 years of working experience including a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory position
- Exposure to professional services firm. (Desirable)
- Have 5 to 8 years in a multi-national company (Desirable)
- Ability to challenge existing procedures and policies (Desirable)
- Experience in consulting with senior management (Desirable)
- Office skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong team skills
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.