One of the world's largest non-life insurance companies which operates in more than 50 countries
The network engineer will be a part of the Telephone and Networking department.
This department is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, maintaining enterprise cisco network environment for Japan and Asian countries.
- Monitor, analyze, and maintain the enterprise Cisco environment
- Support the engineering staff with LAN/WAN hardware configurations, upgrades, and general maintenance.
- Assist with planning and implementation of network projects.
- Help develop and update network process/Visio documentation.
- Track and apply security patches and system maintenance as needed.
- Able to support after hours' maintenance as required.
- Participate effectively in global calls.
- Assists with the management of data infrastructure
- Troubleshoots network related issues
- Creates and maintains technical documentation
- Maintains a security mindset to mitigate potential threats
- Performs other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate should have experience and knowledge of Cisco routing and switching, Cisco network engineers install, maintain, and configure Cisco networks. Cisco network troubleshoot and test Cisco networks. Technical issues include network-related problems, system failures, and routing changes and updates. An analytical mind. An ability to learn new technologies quickly. An ability to follow processes. Strong documentation skills. Good communication skills - both written and verbal in Japanese and English.
IF you are seeking networking opportunities to widen your scope, technical skills, as well as language skills, I highly recommend applying to the position.
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Cisco Network Engineer creating design documentation.
- Networking certifications, such as CCNA desirable.
- Experience supporting enterprise level LAN and WAN technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and change focus as needed.
- Ability to maintain precise documentation and network diagrams.
- Other technology experience a plus includes wireless technologies, Cisco Unified Communications, Telepresence/WebEx Teams, Nexus switching.
- Native level Japanese and Business-level English
- General network and hardware diagnostic skills including packet tracing, captures, and traffic analysis
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, active learning and excellent communication skills
- An open mind with the ability to innovate
- Firm understanding of the OSI model
- The ability to communicate clear and concise reports and documentation
- The ability to learn and support proprietary networking solutions and devices
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Computer Network or a related field of study
- Experience with Switching / Routing operating systems, their configuration and management ² Experience with wireless networks
Preferred Experience and certifications:
- Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Industry standard network certifications (Network+, Security+, CCENT, CCNA, JNCIA, JNCIS, etc.)
- Technical documentation writing experience
- Coaxial, Fiber, Ethernet
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in using discretionary judgment and organizational ability as well as being adaptable and versatile to perform different duties.
- Demonstrate knowledge of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality to Company information
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Demonstrate organizational, planning and attention to detail skills
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.