※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
As a Medical Director, a typical day will include:
- Develop medical strategy based on environmental needs and medical voice of customers
- Contribute to scientific/medical evidence generation including medical materials based on the medical strategy in each TA
- Interact and communicate with internal/external stakeholders in order to advance scientific and medical understanding of our products (e.g., appropriate development, usage, management of disease, patient care, etc.)
- Develop and execute Japan Medical Affairs Plan (JMAP) and medical sections for strategic launch plans
- Plan and implement scientific training for JMA periodically (on-boarding/continuous training, MSL assessment test)
- Develop evidence generation portion for Medical Strategy and Japan Medical Affairs Plan (JMAP), e.g., Medical Affairs Company Sponsored Study (MACS), Post Marketing SurveilIance (PMS), Health Economics and Outcome Research (HEOR), and Investigator Initiated Sponsored Research (IISR)
- Analyze environment of Therapeutic Area (TA), i.e. healthcare system, competitor, regulatory in/out Japan, clinical development plan, life cycle management and incorporate those on the strategies and plans
- Accountable for review concept and protocol for MACS, PMS, HEOR and IISR
- Accountable for review and approve TA specific promotional and non-promotional materials
- Provide medical insight on draft Package Insert (PI)
- Co-chair Product Strategy Team (PST), and chair Medical Matrix Team (MMT) in order to ensure alignment with commercial counterparts based on brand strategy in each product/project
- Engage KOLs based on TA Medical Strategy and JMAP
- Plan and support execution of Advisory Board Meeting (ABM), and act as back-up presenter in the absence of Field Medical Director (FMD)
- Provide input on JMA publication plans on MACS, IISR, PMS and HEOR Act as back up to Scientific Advisor (SA) to conduct scientific trainings of internal JMA colleagues (On-boarding/Continuous trainings) and MSL assessment test (Disease Test, Oral Assessment)
- Expertise in relevant disease area
- More than three years of pharma industry experience (Medical, research, clinical science and/or etc.)
- Clinical and scientific understanding of clinical studies, evidence generation and data evaluation etc.
- Awareness of the healthcare environment in Japan and needs of external customers
- Excellent English skills
- Previous Medical Affairs experience
- M.D. license
- Clinical science background in relevant disease/scientific area
- TOEIC score over 800
- Ph.D. degree with research experience (desired)
※Experiences and skills will be considered
- Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
- Flexible Work Styles: Flextime, Telework
- Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
- Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.