※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
- Work closely with the Global team to embed centrally generated best practice media planning and buying guidelines, KPI's and standardised reporting.
- Adapt central guidelines for local implementation
- Support GM and senior commercial team in media investment decisions.
- Develop, in close co-operation with the media agency, a negotiation strategy to maximise ROI on the media investments for Consumer Healthcare.
- Provide the Marketing teams with balanced advice on the construct of the Connections Plan/Media Plan based on the Marketing and communication objectives.
- Become a proponent of our Brand Edge Media planning ("Connections planning") process.
- Support the Marketing teams to develop their relationship with the Media agency planners and how to have effective dialogue with the Media owners.
- Ensure that the media agency operates at its full potential across all aspects of the business.
- Champion paid digital media, driving adoption/usage of key existing platforms (e.g. Google Marketing Platform, Twitter, Yahoo, Facebook) as well as pushing new innovations
- Have a working knowledge of the programmatic and overall AdTech space and players
- Manage the deployment of all paid digital media activity (Programmatic, Paid Social, OTV/CTV, etc.).
- Integrate data-led thinking and audience planning into digital media planning and activation
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Team to ensure paid digital strategies and effectively linked to the owned, earned and eCommerce work (separately managed by a different team)
- Monitor and manage compliance of the best practice way of working process between Global Category briefing and local market implementation.
- Management of the media planning and buying between the media agency and us.
- Manage the execution of contract with the media agency and the individual media owners
- Actively advise Brand and Marketing managers on Media opportunities.
- Media contract negotiating and budget control by using accurate reporting systems.
- Lead centrally-deployed, locally-delivered media cost efficiency programs, ensuring effective budget management and delivery against goals
- Provide the business with concise and timely management reviews on the market conditions and opportunities.
- Responsibility for designing and providing Media training for all levels of the business
- Track performance of preferred local media supplier buying to ensure it is within our guidelines.
- Manage the agreed audit programme which measures the media agency against quantitative and qualitative KPI's measures.
- Track the media agency's service level with a semi-annual assessment
- Ensure the Marketing teams are fully enabled to drive digital media across all relevant brands.
- University Degree (Bsc).
- Demonstrable experience in digital marketing, brand building, and communications.
- Must have full understanding of Paid, Owned, Earned, aspects of Digital marketing and how it fits as part of on overall, integrated marketing mix.
- In-depth understanding of the Japan and Korea media markets (i.e., media cost dynamics, landscape, media usage trends, etc.), agency dynamics including Dentsu, key media partners and buying groups (Korea)
- Experience in both media planning and buying along with a strong digital foundation is a requirement, with an ability to stay ahead of the ever-evolving media landscape
- Conversant with all forms of digital formats and measurement
- Strong negotiating skills as well as the ability to analyze disparate streams of data is needed.
- Sharp communication skills are requisite with fluency in English and Japanese
- Candidate must have the ability to represent our perspective to internal and external stakeholders as well as provide subject matter expertise to Marketing Teams on Media Planning strategy and media negotiations strategy.
- Understanding of digital marketing including SEM/SEO, content marketing, social media, mobile marketing, influencer and earned media campaigns, user generated content, relationship marketing, eCommerce
- Knowledge of the Marketing Process
- Ability to build networks. Very strong supplier relationship management skills. Has well established external media network
- Strategic thinking for alignment with our longer term objectives.
- Comfort with ambiguity and building capabilities/organizations with very little definition.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Experience in Media or Digital agencies / Advertisers Media Management department or Media Company / Media Research Agencies
- Experience in healthcare/consumer healthcare/CPG communications field gained in-house or at a global agency, with understanding of regulatory environment a plus
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.