※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The primary role of the Head of BioPharma Medical Affairs (BPMA) is to facilitate the medical and scientific interaction between the company BioPharma Department and the Translational Leads at BioPharma companies in Japan and other Asian countries to provide the most current data and educational materials supporting the clinical and research value of our products.
The Head of BPMA, based in the Japan offices in Tokyo, reports to the Head of Medical Affairs-Japan and works closely with the Head of company BioPharma.
He or she will seek opportunities to engage and develop key stakeholders (KSHs) within BioPharma companies to support presentations of company's data incorporated in clinical studies and in their education of colleagues and physicians.
This is completed through direct education of KSHs with slides, abstracts and publications relevant to our products and services; development and provision of company's data summary slides coupled with key educational points; participating in the review, summary and delivery of all outgoing company's RUO BioPharma reports; participating in the development and creation of educational slides to be deployed in focused events; and identifying opportunities for collaboration on projects of mutual interest.
The Head of BPMA will be effective at translating data from research projects and disseminating key information through publications, and presentations at national meetings, continuing medical education (CME) and other educational activities, as well as to collaborate with Biopharma companies on publications based on research collaborations.
The role of the Head of BPMA also involves supporting business development operations, bioinformatics, and marketing; education of the BioPharma sales team; and supporting BioPharma pipeline analyses to identify target programs aligned with our product goals that will ultimately drive test adoption.
■Technical Skills Required
- Strong command of English and Japanese language.
- Excellent proofreading skills, with an eye for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting of documents.
- Advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
- Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
- Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-functionally and at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in a dynamic environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative.
- Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
- Outstanding oral presentation skills to both internal and external audiences.
- Highly developed written skills to produce documents for use both inside and outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs and scientific publications.
- Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger meetings.
- Ability to interact with high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events and trade shows.
- Consistently follow applicable compliance, regulatory, and ethical standards.
■Education and Experience
- Masters degree equivalent or higher in a relevant scientific field of study. (M.S., Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D. or academic equivalent such as Associate Professor position).
- Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Experience working with experts at academic medical centers and/or BioPharma companies to build consensus around new products and/or services
- Prior experience with the introduction of novel clinical products is highly desired.
- Frequent travel (>25%), domestic and within Asia
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.