Global Luxury Goods Holdings Company
The Marketing Director's mission is to implement the company's strategic and budgetary goals tailored to the Japanese market through various actions creating a strong impact and desirability of the Maison.
This will entail driving the brand's strategic shift in Japan from a writing instruments global leading Maison to a multi-category men's accessory brand with a specific focus on the leather goods segment. The challenge is to support this strategic shift with innovative programs across the entire marketing mix, developing our relationship with a loyal clientele as well as recruit through new channels a new generation of this company fans.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creative input and implementation of this company strategy vis-à-vis the Marketing of the brand in Japan.
- Formulation and execution of the annual Marketing Plan, in order to achieve strategic and budgetary goals.
- Formulation and control of A&P budget in order to fund the above.
- Management of the Marketing department (Communication & PR, Sales Marketing & Promotions, Visibility & Retail design) in order to facilitate activities commensurate with the brand image and strategy at the same time as providing the tools for sales budget achievements.
- Strengthening of the Sales Marketing section, in order to support the Retail network with informed customer information & analysis, and to formulate programs to engender higher sales per customer.
- Team development and management; responsible for managing performance and promoting the professional growth of team member of Visual Merchandising and Communication team, developing their work relationships with internal and external partners. Define and communicate missions and objective of all team members, clearly establishing priorities.
- Direct reports include 3 functions; Communications, Visibility & Sales Marketing
- Total direct and indirect reports are 5
- Responsibility for the A&P budget
Point of Contact (examples)
- Internal: CEO this company, Sales Departments, and Merchandising Department
- Head Office: Visibility, Communications, PR, Product
- External: Media, Agencies, Retailers, End customers
- Over 5 years of marketing experience within the luxury or retail industry required
- Well-rounded understanding of all areas of marketing and communications
- Proven organizational skills, project management experience desired
Skills & Competencies
- Fluency in both Japanese and English is required
- Strong internal customer focus and commitment to continuous improvement; ability to work proactively establish effective working relationships
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to proactively identify problems, and/or provide realistic business solutions
- A keen focus on delivering business results.
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team and individual environment
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.