Leading Electronic Company
The Country Manager is responsible for driving business results by providing strategic and operational leadership for the entity in Japan for which he/she has full P&L responsibility.
This position achieves results by establishing long-range goals, implementing strategies, and developing and growing the business. The incumbent directs and controls resources (7 people) to ensure all aspects of the business are adequately equipped to achieve its growth targets and business objectives. The Country Manager achieves results by providing overall leadership and to nurture, motivate, and lead people in the organization for optimal performance.
The Country Manager develops and submits weekly performance and progress reports to the MD of APAC.
- Ensure that all aspects of the business operate smoothly.
- Plan and strategize the business in terms of gathering market intel, forecasting and budgeting.
- Perform all sales & marketing activities including but not limited to business development, project management, account management, event management.
- You continually assess company progress, sales and marketing successes and compile reports regarding budget, sales growth or declines, new business and regulatory compliance to submit to the MD Asia.
- Work closely with the product management team to define the future products that we need in Japan to develop the business in our local strategic market segments.
- Maintain appropriate industry contacts, government bodies and industrial organizations.
- You oversee the hiring and professional development of staff.
- Collaborate with the Regional HQ / Global HQ to share 'best practices',
- Master's degree, preferably with engineering (or with a strong "technical fiber"). MBA would be an asset.
- Min.10+ years General Manager experience in Japan. Previous experience with sensors or similar products highly desirable. Demonstrated track record of building successful, growing organizations. Global mindset.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus. Sales-Marketing-Business development driven.
- Strong leadership skills: able to coach, develop, mentor the local team (7 people).
- Excellent communication skills. You work closely with the Managing Director Asia and the management team in the Regional HQ.
- Fluent in English and in Japanese.
- Good fit with Company's values
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.