Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
- Partnering with top management and business leaders on M&A strategy development, including identifying product gaps, evaluating build/buy/partner options, and collaborating on target selection criteria
- Support the full M&A process as a trusted co-pilot for key business owners: strategic assessment and sourcing, due diligence including valuation, price and documentation negotiation, closing process and integration planning.
- Play the central role throughout project to establish and maintain robust project governance, present the findings and recommendations to top management and stakeholders and drive to informed decisions
- Lead cross-functional project teams and build a strong network within global organization. Partner with internal functions (e.g. Sales, R&D, Manufacturing, Finance, Legal, HR, IT) to gain their consensus and support
- Ensure a robust, accurate and compliant internal process based on DOA
- Proactively lead preparation and facilitation for the report out to executive committees, board meetings and other M&A related steering committees
- Enhance our ability to successfully develop, close and make most of M&As by constantly improving our M&A processes and tools
- Demonstrated track record of helping drive a broad range of M&A deal types
- 5+ years of professional experience in either of the following Investment Banking, Management Consulting, Private Equity, Corporate M&A (required experience level varies by position). Hands on experiences in project formation, transaction process management and deal closing
- Strong self-starter: strong personal drive with professional integrity. Ability to work independently and persistently in various environments/cultures and get things done to achieve company's objectives.
- Problem solving leadership: lead and facilitate cross functional project team. Willing to promote a Can-do attitude, champion opportunities, and take calculated risks. Outstanding analytic and problem solving. Ability to drive to decisions and executions
- Solid understanding and working experiences in financial modelling, accounting, tax, legal documentation, business strategy
- Ability to operate on different levels within organization and to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across the organization in English, and preferably in Japan. Additional language skill such as Chinese is also plus
- Top-tier academic background; MBA prefer