Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan
Global Consulting Company
Senior Manager /Manager plays a key role in the execution of company's inorganic growth strategy. This highly visible position requires exceptional drive and energy, strong financial and analytical skills, hands-on experience with mergers and acquisitions (including financial modeling and due diligence), project management skills, highly effective verbal and written communications skills and familiarity with merger and stock purchase agreements.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal and external advisors including investment bankers, deal brokers, accountants to build pipeline of potential acquisition candidates
- Work with leadership and their growth and strategy teams to understand business unit objectives and to assist in developing and executing inorganic growth plans in region
- Market scanning and identification of potential target acquisitions. Teaming with leadership devise next step strategy in approaching potential target company to understand strategic fit and synergies
- Develop research, competitor and market analyses to identify potential acquisition candidates
- Responsible for developing business cases for transactions which are complete with clear objectives, recommended valuations and transaction structure.
- Transact and negotiate with counterparties through entire M&A deal process
- Lead governance and decision-making interaction with internal stakeholders
- Lead and manage cross functional due diligence processes with global teams to evaluate the strategic and cultural fit, financial impact, risks and mitigation plans
- Assist in the development of a post-merger integration (PMI) plan, identifying key success factors of a deal from both a front and back office perspective
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior staff as well as cross-functional teams in executing transactions
- Contribute to ongoing recruitment and career development of the M&A team.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business-related disciplines as a base minimum.
- Professional Finance or Accounting qualification preferred, e.g. CPA, CFA, CIMA, ACA, MiF. Background in Private Equity, Hedge Fund, Venture Capital, Corporate Banking Advisory, Corporate Development and/or Corporate M&A advisory.
- Minimum of nine years of business experience across one or more of the following disciplines: corporate development, corporate strategy, management consulting, investment banking and/or equity research.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills required
- Ability to balance deal objectives with fiduciary independence
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Business valuation
- Financial analysis - deep understanding of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash flow required
- Financial business case modeling
- Corporate Strategy
- Industry research and competitive research
- Company research and evaluation
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- International business experience
- Flexible to travel as required
- Proficiency in Japanese and English required
10M ~ 15M JPY
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.