This position performs and coordinates all aspects of managerial accounting, budgeting & forecasting, cost control and KPI tracking of en world Japan K.K. (EWJ). It should also contribute to financial performance review of en world APAC units, and coordination of budget submissions to and variance inquiries from the parent company, en japan K.K. (EJ).
The position reports to Financial Planning and Control Manager, and interacts not only with various internal teams within EWJ but also with EW APAC units and EJ.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation and coordination of budgets and forecasts ensuring accurate and consistent handling of numbers and versions as well as timely report submission to the parent company.
- Ensure all analysis, organizational and project codes are properly assigned with both budgets and actuals in line with the managerial accounting policy.
- Construct departmental expenditure budgets and forecasts by closely interacting with a relevant manager, analyze budget-vs-actual variances highlighting issues, causes and action recommendations, and perform cost-benefit analysis on key expense account and project. The expenditure here includes SGA expenses, capital expenditure and some of Cost of Sales items.
- Contribute to month-end expense accruals, license tracking, headcount movement verifications and overhead allocations.
- Contribute to preparation of monthly reporting package both for EWJ management and EJ disclosure.
- Verify purchase requests and orders with budgets and ensure compliance with spending authorities.
- Verify payment run and account clearing of both Account Payables and Expense Claims
- Ensure all spending records are in compliant with GAAP and internal standards, and contribute to internal / external audits and tax investigation
- Own end-to-end “Procure-to-Pay” processes ensuring efficient and robust processes are in place
- Contribute to designing and implementation of Accounting System and CPM (Corporate Performance Management) applications.
- Deal with ad hoc duties as necessary
- Preparing and assisting with financial review cycles including budgeting and forecasting with EW APAC units.
- Prepare and coordinate monthly financial packs and budget templates that include managerial analyses.
- Attend regular catch-up meeting with Country Manager and deal with ad hoc duties as required
Experiences, Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of experiences of financial or managerial accounting duties
- Basic accounting skills equivalent of Bookkeeping 3rd Grade or BATIC Subject 1
- International work or study experience is a big plus
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is a big plus
- Native Japanese. Upper-intermediate English
- Great aptitude for and interest in data processing, math, process improvement, business success and helping to manage a business
- Adequate organizational skill
- High degree of proficiency with Excel, and intermediate PowerPoint / Word skills
- Experience of accounting or budgeting package implementation or a power user is a plus.
- Logical written and verbal communication / presentation skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish Objectives
- Logical and Analytical
- Integrity and Trust
- Business Acumen
- Comfort Around Higher Management
- Attention to Details and Accuracy
- High Commitment to Driving Results
- Team Player