Global Footwear Company
1.Strategic Assortment Planning & Buying
- Develop Footwear assortment for Women's/Men's
- Identify target assortment and sku counts across all footwear zones to maximize commercial opportunity while being mindful of inventory efficiency.
- Partner with design teams and representatives in HQ to develop Japan-specific product.
- Establish logical and structured buy process to maximize sales opportunity and inventory accountability.
- Plan product lifecycle strategy including liquidation of outlet product as well as Inline transfer product to maintain target inventory balance and healthy turn.
2. Business Analysis and Insights
- Study and understand past performances, trends, opportunities and misses in the Women's/Men's footwear category.
- Develop clear and comprehensive presentations of analysis on weekly, monthly and seasonal levels.
- Study competitive activities and pricing. Establish target pricing for own assortment with margin goals in mind.
3. Team Development
- Work closely with the rest of MD team for consistency in seasonal messages, cross-functional communication and overall team development.
- Help establish best-in-class merchandising function.
4. Cross-Functional Relationship Management
- Effectively partner with Logistics, I&S, Marketing, VMD, Retail Sales and Finance to represent Merchandising strategy and priorities.
- Negotiate and push forward MD point of view on pricing, discount/promotion planning and liquidation.
- Minimum 5 Years Merchandising experience, especially in Women's/Men's space (footwear preferred but apparel ok) and/or with a retail brand. Experience in both full price and Outlet merchandising a strong plus.
- Superior fluency in excel and reporting skills
- Ability to work with business reporting systems and order management tools.
- Strong understanding of inventory productivity and retail math
- Fluency in both 'product trend' and 'analytical planning' sides of merchandising
- Ability to present strategies and plans in a clear 'executive friendly' manner
- Ability to develop clear reporting tools to study and interpret the business.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and organizational skills.
- Creativity and adaptability. Passion for footwear, apparel and retail business.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- English (Business level)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.