Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Global Medical device company
- Support the operational transition from the current warehouse operation to that of the new 3PL acting as the one of the focal points for the transition of activities with the 3PL ensuring warehouse readiness, documented SOPs, etc.
- Interpret data on logistics elements, such as availability, maintainability, reliability, supply chain management, strategic sourcing or distribution, supplier management, or transportation.
- Provide ongoing analyses in areas to support the transition of inventory to the new warehouse, including but not limited to physical goods transfer, receiving and validating inventory, validating accuracy of data input in to the 3PL WMS prior to uploading into SAP
- Prepare KPI reports on logistics performance measures after go-live
- Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels
- Remotely monitor the flow of inventory, using Web-based logistics information systems to track containers.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes in support of the transition
- Enter logistics related data into databases.
- Review procedures, such as distribution or inventory management, to ensure maximum efficiency or minimum cost.
- Monitor inventory transactions at warehouse facilities to assess receiving, storage, shipping, or inventory integrity. Resolve issues in SAP.
- Maintain logistics records in accordance with corporate policies.
- Compute reporting metrics, such as on-time delivery rates, order fulfillment rates, or inventory turns.
- Write or revise standard operating procedures for logistics processes.
- Develop or maintain freight rate databases for use by supply chain departments to determine the most economical modes of transportation.
- Manage systems to ensure that pricing structures adequately reflect logistics costing.
- Communicate with or monitor service providers, such as ocean carriers, air freight forwarders, global consolidators, customs brokers, or trucking companies.
- High School Diploma is required, AS or BS degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of progressively responsible experience focusing on Logistics.
- Proficient in Transportation Management Systems.
- Fluent Japanese and Business English are required
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
Monday to Friday
[Hourly Salary and Transportation]
1800 yen * (Experiences and skills will be considered)
※Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.