Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
- The Logistics Specialist is responsible for day to day 3PL management (Warehouse in Tokyo & Chiba, and delivery truck arrangement), and collect/ monitor metrics data & KPIs
- The Logistics Specialist drives Logistics and distribution productivity and cost improvement initiatives, and collaborates with concerned divisions, 3PL providers & transportation carriers, and other interested parties
- This role is also responsible for Medical Audit (ISO13485) and DG/Hazmat monitoring/controlling process.
Roles & Responsibilities
▪ Manage day to day operations of 3PL (2warehouses & delivery truck arrangement) to secure on-time delivery to customer with minimizing cost.
- Lead cross-functional teams and projects (3PLs, supply chain peers, transportation carriers, and commercial teams) to analyze root cause of trends and failures, and propose and lead data-driven action plans in order to save cost, maximize profit, and improve service
- Ability to gather, analyze, prepare, summarize and present operational data results & trends from various data sources
- Deploy enhancements to expand the scope of existing & new Metrics
- Create/enhance reporting tools to supplement existing & new Metrics
- Lead improvement and optimization activities to meet/exceed key operational Logistics metrics
- Ability to lead cross-function and large-scale projects as assigned
- Act as a Process Manager/Owner for assigned processes or function in the future
- Communicate and collaborate with Global Logistics members to learn global best practices and methods
- Lead improvement not only for CAS (Customer Allegiance Score) for Japan, but also Logistics cost and performance levels
- Lead DG/Hazmat process with concerned divisions & 3PL, and monitor 3PL and Supply Chain operation to secure compliance (depending on experience and level of expertise).
- Lead Supply Chain's ISO 13485 related activities (Audit, team meeting)
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Chemistry related field.
- 5-8 years of related business and/or supply chain experience. Excellent working knowledge of key cross functional supply chain processes, with 3 to 4 years practical Distribution/Transportation experience.
- Vendor management experience, and strong communication skill with vendors to achieve target like improvement process & cost.
- Experience of dealing with results, metrics and data management and desire to create and build new processes
- Be independent and passionate about sustainable process improvement
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Excel, Access, and Power Point skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, along with strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence without authority
- Strong financial, operational, and commercial acumen
- Business Level Reading, writing and speaking English skills
- Working ERP system and data knowledge a plus (E1 and SAP experience preferred)
- Experience of leading DG/Hazmat process, or Chemical knowledge; certification preferred
- Formal Six Sigma, Lean, or other continuous improvement training and certification