Global Food Company
■Strategy and Development
Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics strategy, processes and procedures to aid as well as to improve operation and financial performance.
■General and Task Management
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistic operations liaising with internal stakeholders, logistics providers and customers.
- Deliver solution to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirement.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transportation costs.
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routes of frequency
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy and manage stock movements.
- Keep track of slow moving and obsolete stock
- Identify savings by removing waste or unnecessary steps in the logistics process.
- Ensure metrics, reports and process documentation is available.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers added value continuous improvements.
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Financial Budget and Control
- Hold responsibility for department budget.
- Energetic and driven with a pragmatic attitude
- Proven analytical skills
- Able to challenge sales and marketing colleagues relating to the logistics cost saving activities.
- Team player
- With at least 3 years knowledge of Logistics management -Excellent understanding of the Supply Chain
- Financial skills in respect of budgeting and other financial processes
- Very strong communication skills
- Must have strong ability to meet targets, and sense of urgency
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Japanese
- Uncompromising integrity
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required)
- University degree.
- Native or equivalent in Japanese & English
- Creative, Innovative and able to gain respect from all levels
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Knowledge of JD Edwards, BPCS financial and SAP/ERP applications would be advantageous.
- Experience in working with overseas head office
- Dynamic, good interpersonal and excellent business presentation skills
- Strong Leadership / Self-starter / Risk Taker / Results oriented
- Never give up and pursue business goals achievement MBO until the last minutes
- Focus mind and actions on priority issues
- Positive thinking and can be a Change Agent
7 Million 〜 9 Million Yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.