Japanese Cosmetics Company
Functionally responsible and accountable for the following areas:
- 3PL and Logistics Provider and Customs Broker Management
- On-site Contingent Worker Management and Administration
- Reverse Logistics
- Freight Payments Process/Provider Management
- International Logistics
- Customs Clearance
- Trade Compliance
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills for managing and developing a team of 8 staffs
- Manages or oversees the carrier selection and evaluation program. Makes recommendations as appropriate for optimal transportation modes, carriers, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Negotiates or oversees the negotiation of freight rates, logistics and services agreements, and monitors trends in shipping patterns and lane utilization to minimize overall net freight costs.
- Analyzes distribution and logistical problems to develop solutions including hardware and software applications that drive accuracy, efficiency, and customer loyalty.
- Maintains Import/Export systems and processes, provides guidance and direction to the Import/Export team, and implements best or leading practices to ensure compliance with local, US, and corporate regulatory or legal requirements.
- Identifies and implements operational metrics and KPIs to drive the logistics organization to improve services levels and productivity
Education and Experience Requirements (Year experience: 5 years +)
- In depth understanding of international and domestic transportation regulations. Strong understanding of global business and trade compliance.
- Ability to conduct critical analysis and assessments to develop action plans that ensure efficient, lean, and effective processes are in place to produce quality delivery of goods and services.
- Experience with documenting and systematically maintaining process procedures and formulating, documenting, communicating, administering, and monitoring adherence to company policies and rules.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant logistics related savings year on year.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative
- University degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A collaborative approach
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct
- Japanese: Native level.
- English: Business level English essential for Native English Company correspondence
- Experience in ERP functionality
- Aptitude for cloud based digital solutions
- Expert level Excel competence
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Strong and stable and dependable
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.