Global Electric Equipment Manufacturer
- Draft, review and manage contracts with retailers, suppliers and all other third parties.
- Handle the day to day operations of the business including: A) Provide timely practical legal advice and support. B) Identify risks and working with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Support major tenders and contracts across the business.
- Providing legal and compliance training to the business and functional teams.
- Review, creating and updating of new law or amended law, legal precedents, procedures and processes.
- Review marketing claims in the regions to analyze risk of legal challenge in market.
- Handling advertising complaints for and against the business.
- Support HR on the handling and resolution of employee issues including conduct of disciplinary hearing and any subsequent industrial tribunal hearings.
- Update relevant company policies and executing compliance program.
- (where necessary) Handle until settlement all commercial disputes involving the business (including litigation and ADRs) and managing appointed external counsel.
- Has 3+ years experience in Legal function or in law firm.
- Has experience in contract review and management.
- Has a basic knowledge of advertisement related law, Anti-monopoly law, HR related laws, ・UKBA, UK Modern Slavery Act, GDPR, Personal Information Protection Act.
- Native level Japanese, Business level English.
- Legal qualification in Japan and/or any jurisdictions is strong advantage.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Experience in multi-national global company and/or large international law firm is preferred.
- Is able to build strong, productive relationships.
- Is resilient and determined.
- Is strong communicator, able to articulate complex and challenging concepts to diverse, global audiences.
- Strong team player, approachable and supportive.
6 Million yen ~8 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.