※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
The Senior Manager, Investigations, Litigation & Employment ("ILE") reports to the Legal Litigation and Investigations Lead for U.S., Japan, and Greater China with dotted line report to the Legal Employment Lead for U.S., Japan, and Greater China will perform the following tasks:
- Supporting the drafting and/or review as well as the completion of HR and employee benefits documents, including offer letters, employment agreements, Company policies, performance action plans, severance agreements, and benefits/compensation plan documents.
- Providing operational support to the Legal Head of ILE and Legal Litigation and Investigations Lead for U.S., Japan, and Greater China and assisting the Legal Head of ILE to ensure the General Counsel, top management, senior leadership and other key stakeholders are appropriately updated on material lawsuits, claims and investigations (internal and external).
- Working closely with global Ethics & Compliance ("E&C") colleagues, particularly the E&C Global Investigations team. Providing legal support to HR-led employment investigations in the Japan and Greater China Divisions.
- Retaining, supervising and directing outside counsel effectively, and efficiently managing legal expenses consistent with global budget for ILE matters, coordinating closely with Legal & IP Operations.
- Supporting other projects as may be requested by the Legal Head of ILE, the Legal Litigation and Investigations Lead for U.S., Japan, and Greater China, and/or the Legal Employment Lead for U.S., Japan, and Greater China.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Juris Doctor (J.D.), Master of Laws (LL.M.) or equivalent.
- At least 10 years' experience working in a legal department of company and/or a law firm.
- Ability to handle the legal issues related to litigation and investigations independently and has the understanding of e-discovery and privacy laws
- Fluent communication skills (both oral and written) both in Japanese and English to effectively and clearly communicate with business people, outside counsel, etc. .
- Ability to grasp legal issues quickly, exhibit strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills, exercise sound judgment and provide practical and constructive legal advice.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to effectively lead and manage a team project.
- Inspires trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and able to build relationships both internally and externally.
- A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism and demonstrated passion for excellence.
- Flexibility and spirit of challenge to work on new matters.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- 3-5 years' experience working in a pharmaceutical legal department.
- Bar membership in a jurisdiction such as Japan, or within the United States.
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Employment Insurance, Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance, Welfare Pension Insurance, Health Insurance, Mutual Aid Association System, Company Housing System, Employee Shareholder Association System, Property Accumulation Savings System
Weekends(Sat and Sun), holidays, May 1st, summer vacation, New Year holidays
Annual paid leave, childcare leave system, nursing care leave system, etc.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.