Consumer Products Company
Job Purpose （職務概要）:
- This position covers generic in-house legal and compliance works such as contract review, MarComm review, legislation and regulatory research, corporate governance, litigation & dispute, company policy implementation and intellectual property management, solution of compliance issues of business in Japan.
- This Legal and Compliance Manager/Director works close with the Head of Legal in US in order to secure legal and compliance risk mitigation and implement several legal and compliance strategies for business in Japan.
- The Legal and Compliance Manager/Director is responsible for document preparation and reviewing including but not limited to legal and compliance contracts, corporate governance documents, legal analysis and/or any reporting both in Japanese and English.
- The Legal and Compliance Manager/Director is responsible from time to time for communicating with US HQ Legal team to share relevant information.
- The Legal and Compliance Manager/Director is responsible to train, instruct, and manage 1 compliance staff .
- 5-7-year experience as an in-house legal and compliance team member of global-based enterprise. Law firm experience will be also nice to have.
- 3+ years' experience with Direct Selling business.
- 3+ years' staff management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law
- (nice to have) admission at any jurisdiction
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Deeper knowledge and understanding in regards to Japanese laws such as Civil Law, Commercial Law, Companies Act, Anti-trust Law, IPR related Laws, i.e., Trademark and/or Copyright, Privacy and/or Consumer Protection regulation; Online Shopping and/or Multi-Level Marketing designated under the Specific Business Transaction Act (特定商取引法に定める通信販売・連鎖販売取引), Pharmaceutical Affairs Law (医薬品医療機器法), and Act against Unjustifiable Premiums and Misleading Presentations（景品表示表）is preferred.
- Strong MS Office skills preferred.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Fluent in English/Japanese skills.
- Initiative, client focused, results oriented.
- Relationship building/maintenance skills.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Relationship building and networking skills.
- Self-starter/work independently
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.