Note: We are unable to consider non-japan residence.
Global Software Company
You will be responsible for providing practical, timely and high-quality legal services and analysis in the Japan and Singapore Region - and other countries in APJ on a need basis. You will report to the APJ Senior Counsel and will primarily help business teams and other team members negotiate and manage agreements. You will also assist in the supervision and direction of outside counsel, and advise your internal clients. You will actively contribute to the legal team in the ongoing development of knowledge, skills and processes and lead legal initiatives and special projects as required.
- Excellent at drafting and negotiating complex commercial transactions, including direct sales, channel sales, IP licensing, SaaS, on-demand, outsourcing, managed services, and procurement transactions with large multinational companies
- Substantive expertise in commercial and corporate legal issues, and intellectual property law. Knowledge of anti-trust, trade compliance, privacy, regulatory and open source issues
- Has handled and resolved disputes and/or litigation in a variety of jurisdictions
- Enjoys learning about cutting-edge technology and products
- Ability to conduct M&A due diligence, negotiations and integration from a commercial perspective
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to challenges and new and simpler ways to get things done
- Ability to make sound and independent judgments and make recommendations on a wide variety of contract matters. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with a broad audience including engineering, marketing, sales, and finance professionals
- Ability to lead cross-functionally in a matrix environment, obtain buy-in and drive crossfunctional processes
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work load and manage competing priorities
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Ability to provide high quality product in a timely manner
- Efficient, effective and well organized
- Customer service oriented
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed
- Excellent English and Japanese verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in Japanese and English
- Academic and professional credentials; Japan Bar qualified or registered as foreign lawyer at the Japan Bar
- 5-8 years of relevant professional legal experience
- Must be business-minded and ready to "roll up sleeves" and do what is necessary to get the job done well
- Work effectively within all levels of the organization
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.