Global Medical Devices Manufacturer
- Providing support in reviewing marketing proposals and collaterals and educating marketing team to ensure compliance with local laws, regulations and codes which apply to medical devices in the field of advertising, promotion, manufacturing and labelling.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating or otherwise providing legal support to the various types of contracts and commercial transactions arising from the growing business of Align Technology in Japan.
- Communicating and coordinating with global team with respect to contract approval, filing and management process.
- Preparing and reviewing sales support documents and assisting in developing standard document templates and related SOPs.
- Providing regular trainings and guidance to commercial team to ensure legal compliance with respect to contract approval, execution and filing.
- Providing general support in other legal and regulatory aspects of the activities of Align Technology in Japan, such as trademark enforcement and brand protection, anti-bribery compliance, anti-trust issues.
- Coordinating with external counsel on the various legal matters and providing support in Align Technology's interactions with government regulators in Japan.
- Monitoring major legislative developments and regulatory changes that is relevant to Align Technology and updating legal and commercial teams accordingly.
- Experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, or other healthcare sectors strongly preferred.
- Experience in advertising and promotion compliance (especially, consumer-facing marketing), brand protection and trademark enforcement, and anti-bribery compliance preferred.
- Requirements [Degree or equivalent experience]
- At a minimum, completion of an LL.B or J.D., or equivalent with good academic credentials from a leading Japanese or US or UK university.
- At minimum, candidate must be fluent in both English and Japanese. Another Asian language will be a plus.
- Working experience in the legal department of a private company or a law firm for more than 4 years in Japan is a must. Prior experience in health care or medical device industry is a plus but not a must.
- We welcome both in-house counsels or lawyers currently in private practice to apply.
- Japanese (writing, reading, speaking) is mandatory
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
9:00 - 17:45
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.