Note: Fluent ~ Native level Japanese required
Global IT Services Company
We are seeking a motivated and talented attorney to join our Legal team to support operations in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. This position will provide day-to-day legal support to all our brands operating in APAC. Business level Japanese (near native) and business level English (both written and spoken) is required.
POSITION FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Draft, revise and negotiate various marketing and technology commercial agreements, including sponsorship, content production and promotion, advertising and media buying agreements, IT agreements, general operation agreements and others.
- Provide legal support for influencer marketing, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions including drafting accompanying rules and disclosures across various countries.
- Work closely with internal marketing and business teams to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Provide support to our local business development team, including supporting various novel expansion initiatives and partnership opportunities.
- Support roll out of product features and initiatives.
- Provide legal support to ensure compliance with consumer laws and regulations, and generally assist in ensuring local law compliance (with external counsels as may be needed).
- Assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance and contract approval.
- Assist in setting up processes and providing training to the business teams.
- Provide other legal support as needed.
- A law degree from an accredited law program and established right to practice law in Japan and/or Singapore.
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience, with top law firm and in-house legal department experience strongly preferred, prior tech-company experience is a bonus.
- Business level Japanese and business level English (both written and spoken).
- Ability to operate autonomously with limited supervision.
- Strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing and research skills.
- Able to manage competing expectations, be nimble, prioritize effectively and deliver high-quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be effective at working in a cross-functional, multinational team, welcoming diversity and supporting inclusivity.
- Experience with marketing law, data protection, intellectual property, digital media, internet industry, and telecommunications partnerships; familiarity with the substantive laws relevant to our industry in any of the APAC markets a plus.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as impeccable attention to detail, strong sense of ownership and accountability.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.