Global Financial Service Company
- Provide in-house legal support and control to AM business in Japan including business targeting Japan from overseas (e.g, off-shore funds to be sold in Japan), with a focus on the fund business of the company. Main examples of transactions, business and projects are listed below, but the below list is not exhaustive. You should be willing to understand the business and its strategies, and be willing to be flexible in terms of providing support and control as the business evolves in changing business environments.
- Be working closely together with Head of AM Legal Japan, to whom the successful candidate will locally report, and report to the APAC Head of Funds Legal currently.
- Day-to-day advice and support for the structuring and documentation of products and related services.
- Support for projects needing legal advice, in relation to key regulatory initiatives or the company strategy initiatives.
- Risk management for the business where legal expertise is needed, such as suitability assessment.
- Preparation and maintenance of various company templates for fund business.
- Reviewing and supporting new business initiatives.
- Experience in providing legal support in the relevant areas by working either at an asset management company or at a law firm. You must have a sufficient level of the relevant experience accordingly, while no minimum years of experience requirement is set
- Native-level Japanese, and professional-level English language skill, both written and spoken.
- Have working Visa in Japan
- Must be a team player, as you need to work closely with the Head of AM Legal Japan and the APAC Head of Funds Legal, other members of the company, and also other members of the Group in Japan and overseas. As such, you must be friendly and approachable, and enjoy collaborating with others.
- Sufficient exposure to fund business and wider asset management business.
[Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities]
- Professional qualification in law is a clear plus
14 Million yen~
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.