World's leading bank and financial services institution
Overview of the Business/Function/Department
Legal Team in Tokyo handles all kinds of legal issues in Japan and advises business units and managements in cooperation with regional and global legal colleagues and other supporting functions.
The successful candidate will mainly cover cash management, corporate banking and global markets as well as various other legal matters. Expected work will include documentation of transaction agreement, handling of external counsel, strategic partnering with business units and other supporting functions including issue spotting, scheme analysis and providing solutions. Candidate will also join various governance forum as legal representative.
- Qualified to legal practice in Japan (Bengoshi) is a must
- Legal qualification in foreign country is a plus
- At least 5 years of legal professional experience at top-class law firm or financial institutions
- Strong technical legal skills mainly on financial transactions and regulations backed by solid understanding of basic legal theories
- Proactive, outspoken and problem solving mindset
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under time pressure
- Strong curiosity to financial business and ability to assimilate new knowledge/skills
- Ability to strike the balance between commercial and legal considerations
- Work with ownership
- Strong Business English or above and native level Japanese for both written and spoken
Social insurance, Flex time.
*Attractive compensation scheme for performance and employee contributions
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.