- Review, draft, translate and negotiate complex enterprise customer sales contracts, NDAs, SOWs and related documentation that meet the company's requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team with its customers in Japan.
- Collaborate with finance, sales operations, deal desk, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to process transactions in accordance with company policy.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and help manage the contract database and Japanese language translations.
- Assist in providing legal responses to requests for information, request for proposals and other customer-facing requests.
- Advise internal clients on legal and contractual issues relating to doing business in Japan.
- Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, compliance issues and risk tolerance.
- Support our regional lawyers located outside of Japan on international transactions.
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience, preferably as a contract specialist in a US or foreign IT or software company in Japan or at a major law firm and having experience dealing with SaaS or software licensing transactions.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently and independently under pressure, seek appropriate supervisory input where needed, and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts.
- Membership in good standing with the Japanese or an overseas bar association.
- Fluency and prior work experience in both English and Japanese languages is required.
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.