Global Consumer Goods Company
- Provide legal counsel, strategic guidance and value-added support to all the company Consumer businesses.
- Negotiating and drafting of various commercial contracts including significant supply, distribution, wholesaler, co-marketing, sales, product licensing, clinical trials, employment and non-disclosure agreements.
- Be able to proactively assess legal risks to the business and work with management to devise and implement policies and procedures to address and manage those risks including preventative actions, trainings and communications
- Providing guidance on and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the businesses of the company including any relevant industry codes.
- Supporting new business development initiatives (M&A and licensing transactions and divestitures) including due diligence reviews, negotiation of transaction and drafting/execution of deal documentation.
- Be the legal counsel for the company who is authorized to engage and manage outside counsel including providing appropriate budgets for outside counsel and ground rules for the business on when and how to request outside legal services/support.
- Managing all litigation, dispute resolution, and any internal and external investigations related to the business.
- Providing legal counsel and support on legal issues and risk management for all enabling functions of the company including Human Resources, Operations, Quality, Government Affairs, Research & Development, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Finance (e.g., employment law, procurement, product liability).
- Native level Japanese, Business English
- Juris Doctorate, LLB or equivalent law degree from law school in Japan or other countries and a graduate degree
- License to practice law either in Japan or another jurisdiction.
- Above 5 years of relevant legal experience since qualification -ideally including a mix of law firm and in-house experience and preference will be given to candidates with in-house consumer experience.
- Experience working in multinational corporations outside Japan, ideally in a Western country for a multi-year period, and experience doing legal work in the consumer industries preferred.
- Self starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction.
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
15 Million yen ~ 17 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.