※Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and required fluent ~ native level Japanese.
We are looking for a new legal counsel to partner with our whip-smart, collaborative legal team and focuses on handling commercial transactions in Japan. Joining the our Legal Team means that you will have the chance to make an immediate impact and have a voice that is heard and respected, while encouraged to grow in your abilities and curate your own career path. If you love working with sales teams and have a background as a transactional lawyer with contract experience in the SaaS Software industry, read on!
In this role, you will work with a globally dispersed team to support our commercial activities by structuring, negotiating, and closing contracts. We'll need you to have excellent communication skills to interact with both internal departments and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner. This is a great opportunity if you have a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Negotiate SaaS contracts and other commercial agreements with our customers in APJ with primary focus on the Japan market
- Support and coach Japan sales teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- Act as the central point of contact for any new and updated agreements
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing our overall business objectives
- Assist with procurement and general corporate legal matters on ad-hoc basis
- 5 + years of professional experience; in-house experience is a plus
- Practical experience in SaaS licensing negotiations with a solid knowledge of commercial and contract law and revenue recognition principles
- Comfort with handling topics such as privacy and data protection in the commercial contract context
- A passion for closing deals
- Ability to work on your own and prioritize multiple, often competing for deliverables while managing expectations meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types and time zones
- Native in Japanese and fluency in English
※Experiences and skills will be considered
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.