Global Automotive Leading Company
This is a great opportunity for an experienced paralegal or junior level lawyer starting his/her in-house career to gain experience in a broad and varied in-house legal and compliance role, presenting a wide range of challenges. In a function seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen in a multicultural environment. You will join a team of legal professionals with diverse background and experience, reporting directly to the SVP of Legal & Compliance.
The Paralegal/Junior Counsel supports L&C team and the business divisions through smooth and timely conduct of the following:
- Corporate Procedures - manage the Board of Directors and Shareholder's meetings as required under the Companies Act; prepare meeting materials (agenda, PoA, meeting minutes, etc.); assure proper corporate registry; align with relevant functions such as the EVP office, CFO, Statutory Auditor on schedule, agendas and materials; ensure proper procedures are followed by the subsidiaries.
- Company seal requests - check and approve requests for company seal application received from regions/functions; manage and improve company seal requests procedures to achieve efficiency, including participation in the Production System (a kaizen process).
- Legal research - Conduct research on legal topics, court precedents, new laws, etc. to support the activities of other Counsels and SVP.
- Document management - manage a filing system of documents relating to litigation/court notices and other formal letters from government authorities and third-parties to secure proper record maintenance of cases handled by L&C.
- Document drafting - drafting of contracts, legal notices and other legal documents to support the activities of other Counsels and SVP.
- Project support - provide support to other Counsels and SVP regarding projects such as investigation, litigation, legal entity reorganization such as dissolution and M&A
- Support implementation of Group compliance policies and initiatives to raise employee awareness.
- Coordinate with Counsel in charge of Competition Law, Anti-Corruption, Data Protection and Export Control compliance to develop, manage and maintain a check process for compliance with the Group policies and the law.
- Create, publish and maintain contents on the Legal & Compliance Teamplace (intranet) to ensure relevant information regarding company requirements and procedures are visible and available to all employees.
- Support initiatives to provide compliance trainings to employees of all levels.
- Support compliance investigation as required.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as paralegal or associate at law firm, or similar experience in-house.
- Studied law in university or law school; or have experience working in law firm or legal department, preferably has formal training as paralegal or a lawyer.
- Basic knowledge of relevant laws and legal systems
- Good understanding of the role of legal and compliance function in a company
- Ability to organize, structure and prioritize in an effective way, excellent planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, good social skills
- Proactive and ability to work independently as well as in teams in a multicultural environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with high level of personal integrity and ethics
- Accurate and detail conscious
- Strong sense of ethics and ability to serve as the guardian of company values
- Good business sense and interest in truck, automobile and related industries
- A can-do mind-set with high drive and energy - i.e. willingness to 'go the extra mile' when/if needed
- Native Japanese required; proficient English for business correspondence (written/oral) required
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.