Legal & Compliance Counsel
Global Automobile Company
New position due to team restructure
This is a great opportunity for a legal professional already in-house, or in private practice with corporate and commercial experience, to use his/her knowledge and expertise in a broad and varied in-house legal and compliance role, presenting a wide range of challenges. In a function seen as a real partner to the business, this is a great chance to gain exposure to practical challenges requiring both legal knowledge and commercial acumen in a multicultural environment. You will join a team of legal professionals with diverse background and experience, reporting directly to the SVP of Legal & Compliance.
- Advise operational and corporate functions of our company in all areas of the law (commercial, competition, corporate, employment, IP, etc.).
- Provide legal services and manage wide variety of legal issues relating to the operations of the company, including corporate governance, commercial contracts (marketing, distribution, aftermarket and technical assistance), disputes, employment and environment.
- Counsel company management and leaders on legal risks associated with various alternative means for achieving business objectives.
- Manage disputes in coordination with functions and external counsels and interface with government/regulatory bodies as required.
- Monitoring legal or regulatory changes in relevant jurisdictions and optimize legal security/compliance: report on legal incidents and litigations, compulsory standards, and develop new processes to secure operations
- Coordinate with other legal counsels within our group companies and manage outside legal service providers as required.
- Implement our group compliance policies and initiatives to raise employee awareness.
- Provide compliance trainings to employees of all levels.
- Contribute to building and developing our' compliance framework.
- Lead or support compliance investigations as required.
- Bengoshi or foreign qualified attorney
- Minimum 3 years law firm practice or in-house experience in Japan
- Solid technical legal knowledge/skills and strong business sense required.
- Distinctive problem-solving abilities, synthesizing and communication skills.
- A can-do mind-set with high drive and energy - i.e. willingness to 'go the extra mile' when/if needed.
- Strong personal credibility, integrity and creativity.
- Ability to work with others in a multicultural Team/Office environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel (primarily in Japan) as needed.
Language Skill (Japanese / English)
- Native or proficient Japanese required; proficient English preferred
Probation period :3 months
8:45 - 17:45 (Flexible, non-core time)
JPY 10.0 - 14.0 M (total package, any other bonus is not eligible)
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.