Global Consulting Firm
- Provide operational and strategic support to outsourcing and merger and acquisition deals in the assigned geographic location. Due diligence and advise on contractual aspects of deals, on the risk management, on the transition of staff into or out of Firm and on the impact of the outsourcing business to the Firm's internal organization.
- Provide operational and strategic support relating to labor relations, liaising with labor regulators in the area.
- Provide strategic employment related immigration legal advice to HR and People Mobility for the region and integrating external support as required.
- Oversee and provide support to litigation and pre-litigation matters, in conjunction with Human Resources team and external counsel.
- Contribute to development of internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on Employment legal and business issues for the region.
- Manage employment law projects and advising HR, Legal and management as appropriate.
- Assure the quality of Employment law delivery by providing Employment support and legal documentations appropriate to needs and integrating external support as required.
- Act as trusted legal advisor to field HR managers and Employee Relations managers, providing practical guidance and sound legal judgment on day-to-day internal operations.
- Manage and oversee outside counsel relationships with law firms, including supporting managing the budget.
- Act as legal advisor on employment law issues to executives in the region, including Legal professionals.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company practices.
- Support, promote, and implement initiatives as part of Legal team.
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior through senior levels of Legal attorneys within region as appropriate.
- Educate senior company executives with regard to legal and risk management issues in the region.
- Make recommendations and escalate to the Senior Counsel Employment Law on material Employment issues.
- Work with Legal Geographical Leads as appropriate.
- Qualification as an attorney
- Native level Japanese, Business English (global call needed, email, escalation)
- Significant experience (at least 5 years) of employment law in Japan, with limited requirement for direct supervision
- Strong experience in practicing employment law on regional projects or cross-border issues.
- Relevant experience to cover full range of employment law matters in Japan, including specifically:
- Employment terms and conditions (e.g. pay and benefits, working time, termination, restrictive covenants)
- Outsourcing and mergers and acquisitions
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Equality and diversity matters (including "family friendly" issues and discrimination legislation)
- Trade unions/ works councils collective rights
- Employment Status / Agency workers
- Project management of cross border initiatives
- Strong experience advising management of large multinational companies.
- Proven presentational and training capabilities
10 Million yen ~ 20 Million yen
(Experiences and skills will be considered)
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.