[Position] Import Manager
[Salary] 12~17 million JPY
Note: Applicants must have permission to work in Japan and Fluent ~ Native level Japanese
Fast Growing e-commerce company
Goal: We are seeking a leader who is capable of developing the direct import supply chain and compliance operations for our Global Sourcing team. This leader will be responsible for setting up and scaling the processes required to import products into Japan across a variety of categories including but not limited to Foods like Snacks, Noodles, Coffee, etc.; Beauty products; Consumer Electronics; and Fashion to name a few. The ideal candidate will be a leader that is willing to take up challenges and one whom has demonstrated a capability to build operations/processes from early stages and scale as business grows bigger.
Mission: Build and manage the direct import supply chain and build a strong processes to ensure import compliance and business scalability to bring wide selection into the country to Wow Customers.
- Build the Import business which includes process, systems, and infrastructure set up.
- Define import requirements by category and work with business stakeholders to build a targeted import selection list for next 6-9 months and which will regularly get renewed based on data inputs.
- Identify and source capable and reliable 3rd party import partner agencies. Put a planning and KPI mgt structure in place to drive performance to standards and targets with these partners.
- Manage all trade compliance related work with a high standard for documentation and SOP establishment. Build and develop mechanisms to measure and audit adherence throughout the import supply chain process.
- Be main PIC for communicating with internal stakeholders across the locations in relation to import related subjects for Japan
- +8 years of related experience
- Experience as Quality Control / Trade Compliance Expert in global retail company
- Strong retail, trade compliance, e-commerce or product background with proven ability to drive change
- The ideal candidate will possess a range of skill set such as leadership development, analytical skills, strong compliance knowledge, think systemically, self-motivation, deep curiosity about how things work.
- Ability to prioritize work and to find a way in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Proven analytical skills and ability to influence people both internally and externally
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Preferred customs broker license or experience in Japanese customs service
- Fluency in Chinese and strong communication in either English or Korean
Social insurance, Retirement allowance, Commuting allowance
Full 2 holiday week system (Sat/Sun) national holidays
New year's holiday
Annual Leave, etc.
Please click "apply" if you are interested in the job.
We will review your profile and contact you within five business days should we find that you satisfy the requirements of the hiring company.
Further details about the company and position will be notified at a later date.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Job Function: Supply Chain